Thursday, October 11, 2007

10/11/07

Noah today…
… said he wanted a big “flamily.” Said we should have three kids because 2 aren’t enough. Spurred by a conversation about Mathias’ family (they have 3). When reminded that being a big brother was a lot of work, he still wanted to have another sibling. He was clear, next time he wants a sister.
… asked again about taking ballet lessons. I need to look into that for him
… last week I put a gender limit on him for the first time. Although I’ve been willing to paint his nails and I have no problem with him wearing pink, I had to sadly explain that red glittery “Dorothy shoes” are really for girls. “why? Why? Why?” Well, they go with dresses I tried to explain, and girls wear dresses. It’s the first time I’ve really ever said that there’s something that’s specific for girls or boys other than of course biology.
… music favorites of the week: “Look What’s Going On” from the Forest Gump soundtrack and “If I Only Had a Brain” from Wizard of Oz

Avi…
…has started holding a rattle fairly well.
…absolutely LOVES his bath. I’ve stopped bothering with the baby tub and lay him right in the bath where he can flail around enthusiastically. We’ve taken to doing it every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment