Thursday, February 2, 2012

Speaking of Communication...

I was in the bathroom earlier this afternoon with Ezra outside the door. The phone rang, and unable to get to it at the moment, I ignored it. Ezra started squealing (yes, he has NO words at 16 months), then apparently went and got the phone and tried to slip it under the door to me.
He may have no words, but like Avi at this age, it is increasingly apparent that he understands what's going on. I can give him simple commands and he follows them (unless of course he doesn't feel like it). "Go get your shoes and your coat," is nearly always successful, whereas "Show me your nose" just elicited a mocking response such as laughter and fingers in his mouth. I'm SURE he know where his nose is and is just messing with me. And of course there many other examples every day that he is understanding language just fine. I'm promising everyone that I won't worry about this one's language delay so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment