Thursday, June 21, 2012

In the water!!!

Every now and then I think I may have figured out a dime's worth of wisdom about this parenting gig. Doesn't happen everyday, but when it does it sure feels good! So I'm patting myself on the back right now as I watch Avi smiling and enjoying swim lessons. No one would believe this was the same child from two days ago. Tuesday: crying, shaking, panicking, and refusing to get in the water. Today: bouncing, jabbering, grinning. We were a minute or two late Tuesday and that meant that the class started without him and I think, knowing him as I do, he then felt out of place and uncomfortable, which just compounded his apprehension of the swimming situation. He felt in the wrong. So today, I vowed to get there super early, which we never manage to do. But we did! We were 10 minutes early and that meant we were the first ones there. Even before the teacher, whom we were then able to say hello to before she even got into her suit. Avi waited for her ten and she came out again and he helped her get the props out and he was first in the pool before any other kids were even there. Success!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment