Saturday, December 25, 2010

Powerful Imagination

Today Noah managed to convince Avi that he was going to go and battle a monster upstairs all by himself and that Avi should stay downstairs with his daddy to be safe - all in an attempt to get upstairs alone so he could have the opportunity to finish watching Indiana Jones. Avi's overactive imagination made it all possible.

The same imagination has also made it possible to institute a new shoe policy/practice on the back stairs - a masking taped and labeled space for both boys to place their shoes so I don't have to keep stepping over them in the middle of the stairs. I told them that the shoe monster comes out of the little hole in the steps and eats shoes that aren't in the right place. It's all Avi can talk about now.

That is to say if he's not talking about his brain and how his brain does or doesn't let him do certain things. I.e. "I know how to write, I learned it at school, but my brain won't let me do it right." You've got to say it with the right little emphatic stretched out whiny voice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment