Sunday, December 26, 2010

Talking and Reading

Ezra is the most verbal 3-month old I have ever known. When he's not sleeping if you engage him in a conversation, he just erupts with sounds.

Cary and I have been taking turns reading the first Harry Potter book to Noah, starting this past week. I can't believe he's already nearly seven! And old enough for Harry Potter. I had to stop reading to Noah for a bit this evening because we couldn't get Ezra to stop "talking" while I was reading. He clearly thought it was time to dialogue and had stuff to say, which was a little distracting while trying to read a dramatic scene about a showdown between Hagrid and the Dursleys.

Speaking of reading... We also told Noah that he was old enough to stay up reading after we tuck him in for as long as he wants as long as he is quietly reading in bed. Only on vacation when we have nothing scheduled the next morning of course. He's pretty excited about the new privilege. And what a reader he has become! It comes in very handy when I have him read to Avi now!

No comments:

Post a Comment