Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday Parties

While I don't want the boys to grow up too quickly, I do yearn for the days when there are no more birthday parties to attend at Putters. We had Emma's there today and tomorrow we will go to Papa's Pizza for Killion's.
Avi's going through a new phase in which he becomes uncharacteristically clingy at birthday parties. We spent the first half hour with him hanging on to me, trying to pull me down to the floor with him, or head-butting me. Finally I took him out to the car, where thinking he was in trouble he started to cower in the back corner until I convinced him that he wasn't in trouble, I just wanted to hug him and help him find words to express what he was feeling. I held him for a bit and we talked, but he wasn't able to really articulate what the issue was. This was similar to but even worse than his reaction at his classmate Rachel's party last week. And oh joy, we have yet another party to attend tomorrow. I keep asking him if he really wants to go, and he assures me that he does. I sure know I don't, and I can predict how he's going to act, but here we go again anyway. What's a mom to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment