Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No girlfriends and boyfriends, just friends

At a recent birthday party for one of Avi's schoolmates, I learned that the three boys in their preschool class were all spoken for. Nina had claimed Avi as her boyfriend. Avi is surrounded by all his girls. I'm always hearing about them, especially Nina and Vera. It seems those two have been in competition for the title of Avi's girlfriend, a title I'm quite certain that the girls bestow upon themselves, rather than given out by Avi. I wondered if he knew anything about it. I casually kidded him about it this morning in anticipation of the afternoon's play date with Nina. "We need to clean up your room and the house before your play date," I said, "I don't think Nina will want you to be her boyfriend if you have a messy room."
He responded with utter seriousness in what sounded like a parrot of his teachers, "there aren't any girlfriends and boyfriend at school, just friends."

Good thing, because said wanna-be girlfriend was a holy terror at the play date this afternoon. Together the two of them kept me on my toes. One would think I'd be used to that with my boys, but she convinced Avi to test new ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment