Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Ahwuhwuh Monster

I just never know what's going to happen next.  The Awuhwuh Monster wasn't pants-less until he burst into the bathroom for this filming.  He didn't know I was filming, but that wouldn't have made any difference. 
 
As an aside, the wild Ahwuhwuh Monster (a.k.a "The MC") viewed here spent much of the day quietly playing with magnets, duplos, silly bands, books and ripped paper (??!?!?).  Much of the time (about 2-3 hours, he was in his room by himself.  He wasn't forced to be in there all that time, but when I asked him to get dressed before coming out again, he wasn't willing to do that.  He was content to play on his own for all that time, but eventually had a meltdown.  I had checked on him frequently and continually asked what I could do to help him and reminded him that he wasn't in trouble, he just needed to get dressed, but he's so stubborn that encouraging offers like reading books together, playing games or doing an art project weren't enough to coax him out of his hole.  I think he just needed the downtime.   No wonder he had so much pent up energy in the evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment