Monday, May 14, 2012

Storytime

I was on my own this evening, and A was supposed to be in the bath while I put E to bed, but the former was screaming his head off about an owie on his leg, making it difficult to have a calm story time with the little one. So I enlisted the eldest. He did such a wonderful job, I was overwhelmed with pride. E was more focused on his favorite story, The Very Busy Spider, than ever. Of course I know that Big Brother is more than capable of reading a simple book like that, but what was so sweet was the way he slipped into that certain type of voice and style that we adults use when reading to toddlers, and embellished the pages with extra interaction just like he's seen over the years, such as "isn't that a nice web she's making," and my favorite (a new approach adopted by him), counting the shapes in the triangle as they went through the pages (18 triangles, one spiral, so many rectangles and so forth). Too sweet. E was clearly enthralled by his big brother's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment