Thursday, May 5, 2011

SuperEater Meets his Match

Ezra wants to eat everything and hasn't found much that he doesn't care for. He likes veggies and grains more than sweet fruit so far (making it hard for me to believe he's really my child, but I do remember him being born quite vividly), but really he's not picky, and though I give a nod to the rules about what they should and shouldn't eat at this age (no honey, no peanut butter, no chokeable foods, etc.), I've been pretty lax about what I let him try. I've figured if something doesn't agree with him, we'll just take a step back for awhile. Well, that something came up. Literally. Apparently Café Yumm sauce is a little much for a seven-month-old stomach to handle. He was enjoying it at dinner time, but in the middle of the last blog posting (which I finished later), he woke up crying. I went to soothe him and help him find his binky, but found that he was lying in a pool of vomit. Lovely. Who wouldn't be crying? I picked him up, called Cary and we worked together to get the sheets changed and Ezra and I both showered, dried and redressed in clean pajamas. As soon as he was in the shower with me he was happy again. He didn't have a fever or anything, I'm pretty sure it was just an upset tummy from his overly-mature dinner. We got all cleaned up and he was pretty frantic to nurse again. We sat down in the rocker in his bedroom and right before he started to nurse he paused, pulled back and hurled all over both of us again, three times as much as before. Back to the bath and shower. New pjs again for both of us. More stuff carried to the laundry. By the time we settled back in the nursing chair again (somehow I caught all the puke with my body and the chair stayed clean - lucky I guess?!?!), he was exhausted and screaming. But fortunately, that was the end of it and he was healthy as ever in the morning. It will be awhile before I give him Café Yumm again.

No comments:

Post a Comment