Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Meltdowns

I volunteered to take Avi's friend Sam to swimming lessons for this 4 week session. When I got there to pick her up she was having a meltdown. I tried to get her in the car, but nothing worked. Finally I had to go without her, as we were late for the lessons at that point. I could be sweet, playful, cajoling, a little firm yes, but patient overall with her, so why do none of those good parenting strategies come out when it's my own almost-four-year-old?
So we get to swimming lessons, late. It takes a couple of minutes to find out where the boys' classes are. Noah goes off to his, but I can't get Avi to join in with his. Now it's his turn to have a meltdown. Why? He didn't realize that it was a new session and he would be getting a new teacher. He was beside himself. That Avrim guy seemed likable enough, but Avi wasn't having any of it. Where was his teacher from last week?????? Oy. So, he never did get in the pool. Add that to the $6 from the soap down the drain last week. I love wasting money on nothing!

I think I forgot to record that Ezra's first tooth finally broke through a week ago today. At 9 1/2 months. He's on his own schedule this boy. I'm worried about his height. He was 5th% at his 9 month appointment, and he does seem so short. Charming to be sure, but short. I suppose there's no point in worrying about it though, when there's nothing I can do about it. (Though that didn't stop me from googling what I COULD do about it. Answer: Nothing - unless I want to try some crazy labor-intensive, herbal Indian concoctions. I guess I'm not that motivated after all.

1 comment:

  1. OY....We are on the way, but not sure what I can do about any of it either.

    ReplyDelete