Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Smart boys


Avi really wanted to play with Rush Hour. It's for ages 8 and up. I discouraged him. He persuaded me. I thought setting up the cars in the arrangement shown on the picture would be enough of a challenge for a not quite four-year-old. No problem. Then he astounded me by actually solving the puzzle on his own multiple times. Then he got bored with it and just started being silly. What can I expect?
Not to be outdone by his older brothers, Ezra showed me the other day that he is following in their footsteps. When his binky fell under the drawer/step in the bathroom and he couldn't reach it without bonking his head, he grabbed a wooden footstool leg (that Avi had recently dismantled from) and used it to fish his binky out from under the step. I was pretty impressed. Of course someone pointed out that he's now as smart as a crow, but still, not bad for nine months.

No comments:

Post a Comment