Sunday, July 10, 2011

Should I move him?

Avi had a roller coaster day. That being said, roller coaster days are so normal for him I hardly think anything of it. He had many ups today. Making pancakes with me. Going on the first picolo ride with Cary and Noah. Sweetly, without being asked, picking up Ezra's toys this evening. Not throwing a fit when I had to wash his hair after he had snuck off and put a huge amount of "product" in it. And then there were the other moments, when I asked him to go get dressed and he dumped all the shirts out of his drawer and then took more than an hour to put them away (most of the time attempting -unsuccessfully- to battle with me and not do it). Or like at bedtime when he got wild and finally calmed down after his story with Cary only to sneak out of his room while I was standing by Noah's bed and spit a huge mouthful of water at us. I don't know how he managed to hold enough water in his mouth to get Noah's bed and my shorts all wet, but he did. Enough's enough. I marched him back to his bed, gave him a swat on the bottom (hope CPS isn't reading this), turned off his lights by taking the switch from the lamp and using the pull-string for the overhead lamp and locking the door (again, hoping CPS isn't reading this). It was still light outside, so it wasn't like he had to be afraid in the pitch dark. I went to check on him a little later, and this is how I found him.
I picked him up and put him in bed. I figured he'd be awfully discombobulated if he woke up like that in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment