Monday, July 11, 2011

Poll: how long should I leave him in his room?

We got home from the grocery store a little bit ago. I has just finished unpacking everything. Avi was starting to open up the new $6 bottle of organic kiss my face foaming hand wash that I bought for the boys' bathroom in hopes that the foaming style would make less of a mess on their counter. I calmy, sweetly explained why I didn't want him to play with it in the kitchen (i.e. We don't need it right now, it will make a mess, and it's expensive). So he takes it upstairs to his bathroom and dumps the ENTIRE bottle out. $6 down the drain in a couple of minutes.
Noah reported this to me, so I had a moment to gather my senses (and confer with Jenn), so I was able to deal with him calmly and without yelling (or hitting). He is now shut in his room, I have explained why, have taken (and explained) his piggyback (of about $1), removed the entertaining bin of duplos from his room and shut the door. He said that he doesn't like me, but he sounds quite happy and content in there jabbering to himself. So, question is: it's 6:30 at night. He hasn't had dinner. How long can I leave him in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment